Matoya Fishing Lodge is a 15-minute boat ride from the local town of Lukulu, which hosts an air-strip. Easy access from South Africa can be made by Air Charter from Lanseria Airport (Johannesburg). Alternatively, a “pick-up transfer” can be arranged from Lusaka International Airport, which includes an overnight stay in the city followed by an eight-hour drive to the Lodge the next day.
- Runway: 09/27
- Runway length 1100m
- Compacted gravel
- Airfield designation FLLK
- Elevation 3480 feet
- Latitude and Longitude – (-14.378099), (23.244796)
- From Lusaka take the Mumbwa Road going out towards Mongu.
- Travel for approximately +-410km and you will arrive at Kaoma Puma Filling station on the right. We recommend that you fill up with fuel. The filling station doesn’t always have fuel, so carry at least 20L of fuel in jerry can.
- Travel straight on for approximately +-12km, you will go over a stream that has Lilly’s.
- There is a road to the right with a sign showing Lukulu, this is a dirt road.
- Travel that road straight for 195km and it will take you into Lukulu town (after turning right off the main tar road approximately +-10km on the dirt road the road makes a very sharp bend to the right, follow the bend).
- As you enter Lukulu town, turn left into Sancta Maria Mission and go to the harbor.
+27 (0)82 2531814 (SA) / +26 096 7101421 (Zambia)